Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Preparations for our gluten free Mother's Day celebration with my mom started yesterday with an ambitious cross stitch project (my new crafting hobby.)  I sat on the porch with our neighborhood cat, Kitty, who helped me by chasing the thread as I stitched.  I took a break to cut some of GFF Husband's prized Knock Out roses to decorate our side board for our Sunday brunch.


 



Then I went back to stitching.  I cross stitched on and off until 12:30AM, when I fell asleep with the project in my hands.  At 3:30AM, I woke up and gave the hoop a coat of paint, went to bed, and got up early to finish.  My mom loves him!  He is a country-city-chic buck and perfectly matches my parents' color scheme in their apartment.



After my early-morning cross-stitching, we met my parents and brother at Linvilla Orchards to go strawberry picking.  It turns out that the fields were over-picked yesterday, so "picking" strawberries turned into "picking out" one of the few remaining quarts of strawberries they had in their market.  Needless to say, this went a lot quicker than anticipated!  It was a lovely trip though, since Linvilla is absolutely beautiful this time of year.



We returned and feasted on our favorite crepes, fresh squeezed orange juice, and coffee. Happy Mother's Day, Ma!


No comments:

Post a Comment