Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weekend Breakfast: Gluten Free Crepes

Our weeks are very busy, so we like to take time to eat a nice breakfast together on the weekends.  Today I tried this recipe I saw on a great blog called Creature Comforts.  I did not have the gluten free flour mix she used, but I did have exactly the right amount of Cup4Cup left, so I used that.  I followed her recipe exactly, although I did have to add an extra splash of milk to get the batter to be the right consistency.  That is one thing that I have learned with gluten free flour blends - each one differs slightly and you often have to make small changes to recipes.


We filled them with strawberries and topped them with powdered sugar + a little drizzle of maple syrup.  My husband added a sprinkle of Udi's Gluten Free Vanilla Granola to his.  I am going to have to resist the temptation to make these every weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Oh these look delicious Jess! I've never heard of Cup4Cup gluten-free flour before. I might have to see if I can give that a try sometime soon. xo Ez
    P.S. Thanks for linking to my blog in your post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delicious! Cup4Cup is absolutely incredible. You can only get it at Williams Sonoma right now. It is quite pricey - 3lbs for $19.95, but it has allowed me to make many of the traditional family recipes that have been passed down through generations, so that makes me happy :) That was my biggest worry when I had to go gluten free - that I wouldn't be able to carry on my family's cooking traditions.

      Delete