Thursday, May 3, 2012

Gluten Free Pizza: BBQ Chicken Sloppy Joe

Thanks to Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix, homemade pizza is back in this GFF's household!  This is one of those things that makes even my gluten eating husband say "You can't even tell this is gluten free!"

The package makes two crusts, one of which we always store in the fridge for another night's dinner. It will keep for a few days, which is fantastic.

We turned one crust into a favorite that my mom used to make when I was younger - BBQ Chicken Sloppy Joe Pizza.  I am not sure where the recipe is from - it is one of those recipe box oldies but goodies.  Quick, easy, and really tasty!



BBQ Chicken Sloppy Joe Pizza

1lb ground chicken
3/4 cup corn, defrosted
3/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
1/2 cup sliced green onions
Pizza Crust
1 1/2 cups shredded jack cheese

Brown chicken, pour off drippings, stir corn, sauce, onion together with meat.  Heat through.  Pour onto crust, sprinkle with cheese.

Bake at 425 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. We have Bob's Red Mill grits in our pantry (which reminds me--I need to post about shrimp & grits as it's one of those dishes that could be up yours and R's alley) and it is a pretty fabulous brand. I'm in love with my normal pizza dough recipe, but this is definitely worth checking out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob's Red Mill is fantastic :) We have tried a lot of their products and have never been disappointed.

    ReplyDelete